Court Square, Andalusia
|Local Family lost everything in house fire|
|Written by Staff|
|Monday, 24 May 2010 15:38|
At 2:22 PM Monday afternoon Fire and emergency personell were called out to a house fire at 4148 Arnold Road In McKenzie. Buck Creek Fire were dispatched to the fire along with Advance EMS and Covington County Sheriffs Department. Buck Creek asked for McKenzie Fire Department to respond as well. Once the first units arrived on the scene the report came in that the home was fully involved. At the time of the fire the daughter in law of the homeowner and her child were inside the house. The Fire according to her started in the back of the house where the washer and dryer were. The only thing being used at the time according to her was the washer. She heard the crackling of wood and smelled smoke and grabbed her baby and called 911 and left the house. The house was quickly engulfed in flames and is a total loss of property. No injuries were reported. The home belonged to Larry and Barbra Elem of McKenzie. They were both at work when the fire was reported. Responding agencies were, McKenzie Vol Fire Department, McKenzie Police Department, Butler County Sheriffs Department, Buck Creek Vol Fire Department, Beat Eight Fire Department, Covington County Sheriffs Department and Advance EMS.